Sportfishing has been an important part of my family for many years. My brother and nephew are both captains. Every year, one of the largest and oldest billfish tournaments draws anglers from around the world to Morehead City, NC in hopes of catching the prize-winning blue marlin. I originally carved this “Big Blue” Marlin as a gift for my dad. Anyone who loves the adventure of sportfishing, or just the beauty of the marlin, would enjoy having “Big Blue” adorn their walls.
“Big Blue” is printed in a deep ocean blue. This linoleum block print was drawn, cut, inked and printed by hand in my studio. Due to hand printing no two prints will be exactly alike. Ink coverage may vary slightly from print to print; however, this adds to the originality of each print.
“BIG BLUE” LINOCUT PRINT DETAILS
- Each print is titled and signed.
- Printed with Speedball acrylic block inks.
- Printed on 100% cotton, acid-free Rives BFK printmaking paper or handmade rice paper.
- Image size 9” x 12”.
- Border left around image to allow for framing according to personal preference.
- Final piece is approximately 11” x 14”.
- Listing is for the print only – no frame or mat is included.
"Big Blue" Linoleum Block Print
Our linocut prints are placed in cellophone envelopes with cardstock backing. They are shipped in rigid envelopes for protection. Larger prints will be shipped in a tube.