Ever since Big Nutbrown Hare told Little Nutbrown Hare “I love you right up to the moon and back,*” we have been using the phrase with our loved ones to express how much we love one another. I originally designed, cut and printed “Love You to the Moon and Back” as my annual Valentine print for a past boyfriend. I had so many compliments (and requests for prints) that I decided to print more and make them available for purchase. This print makes a great gift for your significant other, child or parent.
“Love You to the Moon and Back” is printed in a dark midnight blue and the heart is hand tinted with red acrylic paint. This linoleum block print was drawn, cut, inked and printed by hand in my studio. Due to hand printing no two prints will be exactly alike. Ink coverage may vary slightly from print to print; however, this adds to the originality of each print.
“LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK” LINOCUT PRINT DETAILS
- Each print is titled and signed accordingly.
- Printed with Speedball acrylic block inks.
- Heart hand-tinted with acrylic paint.
- Printed on 100% cotton, acid-free Rives BFK printmaking paper.
- Image size 5” x 7”.
- Border left around image to allow for framing according to personal preference.
- Final piece is approximately 6” x 8”.
- Listing is for the print only – no frame or mat is included.
* From the children’s book “Guess How Much I Love You” by Sam McBratney.
"Love You to the Moon and Back" Linocut Print
Our linocut prints are placed in cellophone envelopes with cardstock backing. They are shipped in rigid envelopes for protection. Larger prints will be shipped in a tube.