“Stella” is a sea turtle hatchling that made her way safely from the beaches of New Smyrna, FL to the offshore sargassum grass line where she’ll grow strong. My cousin and I rescued Stella while walking the beach one day several years ago. We delivered her to the Beach Patrol who, in turn, took her to the turtle hospital where she was later released into the ocean to live and prosper.
“Stella” is printed using three linoleum blocks – blue (water), golden yellow (sargassum) and green (Stella). Printing with multiple colors requires a block be carved for each color and then the print is made in layers of color. This linoleum block print was drawn, cut, inked and printed by hand in my studio. Due to hand printing no two prints will be exactly alike. Ink coverage may vary slightly from print to print; however, this adds to the originality of each print.
“STELLA” LINOCUT PRINT DETAILS
- Limited edition of 10 prints.
- Each print is titled, signed and numbered accordingly.
- Printed with Speedball acrylic block inks.
- Printed on mulberry paper which has a soft deckled edge.
- Image size 5” x 7”.
- Border left around image to allow for framing according to personal preference.
- Final piece is approximately 7” x 9”.
- Listing is for the print only – no frame or mat is included.
"Stella" Limited Edition Linocut Print
Our linocut prints are placed in cellophone envelopes with cardstock backing. They are shipped in rigid envelopes for protection. Larger prints will be shipped in a tube.